It is important that we take care to protect our skin from the rays of the sun. You’ll be surprised to know that remedies can be churned in the comforts of your home and with ingredients from your kitchen.
Most of us neglect our skin especially in summer, because nature (read humidity) ensures our skin does not get as dry and itchy as it is in winter, making us believe that we do not need effort to take care of our skin. It is a known fact that, the sun’s rays are very harsh, and therefore it is very important to protect the body against its harmful radiation. UV A (ageing) UV B (burning) can cause substantial damage to your skin, which you may not notice immediately and the effect of which will appear gradually over the years.
The oil glands tend to become more active making the skin sticky and acne prone especially in warm climatic zones. Excess oil and sweat disturbs the acid mantle of the skin and that becomes the breeding ground for bacterial growth or infection. So, cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating is a necessity. Some good homemade pack is the pampering your skin should get.
When it comes to enhancing the overall beauty of the skin, most of us are unaware of the fact that seasonal fruits contain the best ingredients; they are loaded with the benefits to take care of our skin and body. So, this season, dip yourself into the refreshing pool of natural ingredients & seasonal fruits for a healthy-looking skin using ingredients readily available from your kitchens!
EXFOLIANT FOR TANNED SKIN
- Sugar 50 gm (crush it to make it salt-like coarse)
- Salt 50 gm
- Lemon rind 1tsp (rub lemon skin on a grater to get this)
- Sweet lime rind 1tsp
- Olive oil 50 ml
- Mix all the above ingredients and store it in a cool dry place. It is an excellent scrub for face and body to reduce tan.
SKIN LIGHTENING & TIGHTENING FACE PACK:
- Mangoes contain beta-carotene, and vitamin C to help skin self-repair. Masoor dal is the power house of vitamins, minerals and protein and lightens the skin.
- Masoor dal powder (Red lentil) 30gms
- Milk powder 15gms
- Turmeric powder 5gms
- Mix all the above and keep it in an air tight container.
- Take 1 tablespoon of this mixture add it with 2 tsp of mashed ripe mango to lighten the skin.
- Or it can be used with 2 tsp of egg white to tighten the skin.
WATERMELON FACE MASK:
- Watermelon is rich in Vitamin A, B6 packed with Lycopene and amino acids for healthy skin, dehydrated skin and it’s a natural toner. Excellent mask for oily/acne prone skin.
- 2 tsp mashed watermelon
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Mix all the ingredients, apply on the face and neck and remove after 10-15 mins. And see your skin glow!